In no particular order, here’s my list of films to watch this Christmas. Enjoy!!!
N.B. A few films listed are not Christmas films, but I feel like they are still nice to watch during this time ;)
- Home Alone (1990) Kevin (Macaulay Culkin), an eight year old boy is left home alone by accident. While his family is away on a holiday to France and Kevin fights of two burglars during Christmas. -This movie is hilarious!
- Bad Santa (2003) Conman Willie (Billy Bob Thornton), and his Little Helper Marcus (Tony Cox), rob department stores dressed up as Santa and an elf. The story is basically about how Willie’s life changes after he meets Thermus (Bret Kelly). -Not suitable for kids but so funny!
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005) If you know me really well, then you know that I am obsessed with Narnia, which meant this had to be in my list of top 10 films to watch this Christmas. For those of you who haven’t seen this movie yet…This movie is about the adventure of four siblings, Peter (William Moseley), Susan (Anna Popplewell), Edmund (Skandar Keynes) and Lucy (Georgie Henley), who travel to the magical land of Narnia, through a wardrobe.
- Elf (2003) Raised in the North Pole by elves, Buddy (Will Ferrell) is sent by Santa himself to the U.S. to find his real dad.- A good natured holiday film.
- Miracle on 34th Street (1994) This movie is one of those typical Christmas movies. I’m pretty sure they always put this on TV around this time. It’s about a little girl called Susan (Mara Wilson), who doesn’t believe in Santa and when she meets a department store Santa it all changes.
- Mary Poppins (1964) This one is old but definitely a classic. It’s not a Christmas movie but I just love Mary Poppins. For those of you who have never heard of Mary Poppins, the movie is about a magic nanny who comes to look after two kids.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) I love this film mainly because of Jim Carrey who plays the Grinch. The film is based on Dr. Seuss’ book. As the title gives away, this movie is basically about how the Grinch stole Christmas. The Grinch hates Christmas and a little girl tries to figure out why and that’s how the story goes on. To be honest the Grinch did scare me a bit (even at this age), but later on you start to fall in love with him. So it’s all good.
- Arthur Christmas (2011) Christmas mission impossible. Definitely a film kids would love! Arthur Christmas, Santa’s youngest and clumsy son and Grandsanta are on a mission to deliver a little girl’s present in less than two hours, which got misplaced during the initial Christmas delivery.
- Great Gatsby (2013) Oh Leonardo Dicaprio… Again, not a Christmas film, but when I watch this movie, it gives me the same feeling a Christmas film gives me. It will be a treat to your eyes. No… I’m not just talking about Leonardo Dicaprio… But seriously, this movie is amazing! If you haven’t seen it yet…then for the love of Leonardo! Please watch it now!!!
- The Santa Clause (1994) This one is a typical modern Christmas movie. This film is about a divorced man (Tim Allen), who accidentally kills Santa and ends up magically turning into the new Santa.
And that’s it!
Hope you enjoyed my list.
If I have missed your favourite Christmas movies out, comment below!!!