This was my first attempt at making Zimtsterne and I have to admit, they do taste great! Unfortunately, this will be my last Christmas Cookie Recipe for this year! :(
To make your own Cinnamon Star Cookies (about 40), you’ll need:
- 3 egg whites
- 225g sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 300g ground almonds
- 100g icing sugar
Other stuff you will need:
- rolling pin
- cookie cutters (star shaped)
- Beat the egg whites
- Add sugar, vanilla sugar, and icing sugar to the mixture and beat for 10 minutes. This hurts like hell!
- Add lemon juice to the mixture
- Leave 6 tbsp of the mixture aside
- Add cinnamon and almonds
- Fold the ingredients carefully. Folding is basically combining delicate mixture into a heavier textured mixture. This will make sure that both the mixtures are mixed properly.
- Sprinkle the worktop with a bit of flour and roll out the dough
- Cut out star shapes using your cookie cutter
- Place them on a baking tray with baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Brush on the mixture you left aside earlier on the cookies (4.)
- Put the cookies in the oven for 25 minutes
- Leave to cool for a few minutes
And that’s it!
Since it opened about a month ago, I really wanted to check this place out. My housemates went there before me and absolutely loved it.
After seeing what it looked like, I was really intrigued to check the place out myself.
I’ve been to the Cosy Club twice now and have enjoyed my experience both times.
The Cosy Club has a nice casual area and a restaurant area. It’s a perfect place to catch up with friends or family.
The food is great and prices are reasonable.
But what I enjoyed the most was the atmosphere. The lighting, the music and everything else just makes it a cosy place to hang out. (Oh! And I love their cute napkins!)
It is very different to the usual restaurants out there and it is definitely a place to check out.
A great new addition to Leicester!
The Cosy Club
62-68 Highcross Street
Mon- Wed: 9am – 11pm
Thurs: 9am – 12am
Fri- Sat: 9am – 1am
Sun: 9am – 11pm
After my second year exams, I went to London for a week and spent a few days being a tourist. As an animal lover I really wanted to go to the ZSL London Zoo.
The main reason I wanted to go there, was to see the baby tigers.
So woke up early, all excited like a 6 year old, to see all the animals. And due to let’s say lack of navigation skills, I ended up arriving at the zoo later than expected.
We started off by entering Africa. And what was the first animal I had the pleasure to meet? Well… a pygmy hippo (basically just a hippo, except smaller ;) ).
Then we got to see the giraffes being fed, which was so cool.
So we continued our day, seeing more animals. Familiar ones like gorillas and lions and also ones never seen or heard before.
Surprisingly, I enjoyed the birds at the zoo as well.
But my highlight of the day was going into the Butterfly paradise. It was so beautiful. Lots of butterflies flying around. It was a colourful and a very magical experience.
I did get to see a 7 day old baby sloth!!!
My overall day at the ZSL London Zoo was better than I expected and I would so love to go there again. :D ♡
Check out the pictures from my day at the ZSL London Zoo here