It’s another German Christmas Cookie Recipe time!!!
To make about 40 Haselnussmakronen, you’ll need:
- 3 eggs
- 250g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 300g ground hazelnut
- 100g flour
- about 40 whole hazelnuts
- Mix the eggs, sugar, salt, ground hazelnut and flour together
- Put baking paper on a baking tray
- Use a teaspoon to form a walnut sized ball and place it on the baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place a whole hazelnut on top the cookies
- Put the cookies in the oven for 10-15 minutes
- Make sure the cookies don’t get burned!
- Once done, let it cool for a few minutes
And that’s it!
If your cookies get stuck to the baking paper like a few of mine did, pick up the baking paper and place it on a hot,damp, clean towel. Leave it on the towel for a few minutes and gently remove the cookies of the baking paper.